Islam is a religion of kindness, friendship and tolerance. Almighty ALLAAH Sacred Words in Surat AL Hujuraat
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقۡنَـٰكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ۬ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلۡنَـٰكُمۡ شُعُوبً۬ا وَقَبَآٮِٕلَ لِتَعَارَفُوٓاْۚ إِنَّ أَڪۡرَمَكُمۡ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ أَتۡقَٮٰكُمۡۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ۬
“O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that ye may know and get acquainted with each other. Verily the most honored of you in the sight of ALLAAH is the one who is the most pious and most righteous .ALLAAH has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)”. Qur’an 49:13 Surah Al-Hujurat (The Inner Rooms)
Since years ago, the Islamic Cultural Center has stived to establish wide and productive interfaith dialogues.
The following is a list of interfaith activities which are performed frequently
- Interfaith Dialogues with different Churches and Synagogues in Northbrook and in adjacent and Non-adjacent Communities
- Annual Participation and Representation at Northbrook Clergymen Association Interfaith Thanksgiving
- Arranged Visits to the ICCGC by Jewish and Christian Schools’ Students and their Teachers, as well as Board Members, Clergymen, Women Groups, and staff.
- Arranged mutually reciprocated Visits and Dinners with quite a few Churches and Synagogues
- Attendance By ICCGC Board Members and ICCGC Community members of religious events held by many churches and many synagogues.
- Ongoing Friendly Interfaith Dialogues with the Churches and Synagogues
- Annual participation in the Northbrook Community Interfaith Passport Walk